Saturday, December 5, 2015

You're weird! My kinbaku studies


I decided to restart learning kinbaku (which people sometimes call Shibari) a couple weeks back. I had been learning and practicing this since about two years ago (I even made youtube videos if I remember correctly), but the very sporadic nature of my practice prevented me from undergoing more advanced studies.

However, I really do like this art. I've found that the feelings it evoked in both myself and my play partner were quite strong and deep and unique. I relished the feeling of complete domination of her, while I've found that nothing got her into some sort of headspace faster than being made completely immobile and helpless.

I also like the feeling of learning something complex and structured. Most other toys tend to be simple and easily mastered, and I like the challenge of something where the only limit to the various possibilities is your imagination, and where you can actually create something unique and artistic (in addition to being seriously erotic).

I broached the idea of "experimenting" with my spouse, and her immediate response was "No way! That's so weird!!!!" smh....lol....oh well, perhaps I can convince her sometime. But it did remind me again how off the mainstream some of my interests are, and how "weird" our practices might seem to those viewing our activities from the outside.

Nevertheless, I have decided to proceed. I still have some hemp, jute, and nylon from before (in addition to some manila that i've never used), but I'll be placing orders for more hemp of varying widths (though probably will start with 6 mm) and lengths, and will be trolling home depot for more nylon.

And now that I've "introduced" the topic to my spouse, i may even be able to attend meetings for rope enthusiasts out in the open ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment