Monday, December 7, 2015

One Year Ago

December 1, 2014 at Linda's Store Balcony
One year ago:

Linda used to decorate the balcony of her inworld store at the Cobra MC biking sim according to the passing seasons, and we frequently spent time just sitting there and watching the bikers pass by. I remember sometimes just going there when she wasn't inworld and sitting on one of the balcony chairs, feeling somehow satisfied and content.

December 7, 2015 at Heart's Cove
One year later:

The Cobra MC is no more, and their sim is gone too. Our inworld stores are now parked in some anonymous mainland parcel, and I hardly go there anymore.

How times change.

And yet, some things still remain the same.

We're still together, despite some of the usual shenanigans that beset couples everywhere.

I love her still, more than ever, despite some of the things I've learned about her (yes, omg, she snorts!!!!)

In many ways we've come a long way as a couple....but the more important thing to me, the thing that excites me, is the realization that we have so much more in front of us, so much more to explore together and enjoy together.

As that old 1970s song used to say (ok, shoot me, but I used to listen to my grandfather's collection of 1970s tapes when I was a kid and he loved the Carpenters)....



No comments:

Post a Comment