Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Making an animated gif: Yes I have way too much time on my hands

animated gif of Linda hugging me
I remember when animated gifs first came out and I thought the concept was pretty cool. You could have simple animated images on your website without the need for Java applets or flash or whatever.

I took several pics while we were attending the voice chat at Austin, and later noticed that two of them captured two separate frames of the seat animation at precisely the same angle.

Inworld in Second Life, making animated images as a texture involves using scripting and the function llSetTextureAnim, but for web pages making animated gifs has never been easier.

I used a web app at Gifmaker.me to upload the two png images and create the animated picture.

Try it youself!

No comments:

Post a Comment