Friday, April 10, 2015

Khalil Gibran and the red river


On April 8, Ratzu took us on a tour of the Art gallery at Cafe LaPe'rouse @ Austin. Each girl on the tour had to pick an image and elaborate on why she picked it, and what sort of fantasy the picture represented for her.

It was a welcome change from the usual sit down discussion the sim usually has on Wednesdays, and Linda and I enjoyed it. By coincidence, Linda picked the same picture as Marion and Ratzu, while Melinda was enamored of an image depicting rope work. I was into kinbaku in RL at one time (but lacked a regular partner so my interest flagged), so this was interesting to me as well.

Later that night, I took another look at the image Linda picked and noticed that right next to it was an image with text from a poet I really like, Khalil Gibran, which went :

And he said, 'Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain'.

Of course Khalil was not really referring to anything fetish related when he created those words, but they do resonate anyway among those to whom pain is a cleansing agent, and the next day I created a short poem for my baby girl that echoed that sentiment:

Let the pain I give be a red river 
that sweeps away
the flimsy constructs of your life,
and reveals the secret key to the hidden
byways of your feral heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment