Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Edwardo's Angel


I'll never forget the first time I ever laid my eyes on my friend Lori Novo. I had been out of SL for awhile on an RL vacation, and as is usual for me nowadays I was feeling quite nostalgic and exploring the walkways of Tempura when I chanced upon this lovely form sitting primly on the grass, a pair of luminous angel wings rising from her and gently stirring in the slight breeze. She promptly became for me the Melancholy Angel of Tempura, and nothing I've found out since has changed my mind about the aptness of that moniker. Lori is sweetness personified, a Texan with a heart as big (but hopefully not as armed) as the state where she lives.

Unfortunately for her, I am a wicked wicked man, with no scruples whatsoever, so when I learned that her friend Ocean dreamed that a guy called Edwardo had captured Lori's heart I could not resist the implacable forces of destiny and had to confess to her the truth.

monkeyking2011: EDWARDO!
Lori Novo: haha
Lori Novo: that's funny
monkeyking2011: that name tickles your funnybone. it's so weird that that's my RL name
Lori Novo: omg, is that ur real name?
monkeyking2011: Yes it is, if you got rid of the E, D, and W, and rearranged the remaining letters...then add a few more. So, the simple answer is...YES!
Lori Novo: haha :)
Lori Novo: maybe it was u in Ocean's dream after all
monkeyking2011: i end up a lot in people's dreams. normally, it's when they're having a nightmare ;-)
Lori Novo: haha, u r so silly :)

Things came to a head when Lori put up her new profile pic, and she was a form of such radiant beauty that  upon seeing it I uttered in whispered disbelief a poem I had made and buried so long ago, but which now rose from the depths of my Edwardian soul as relentless as the evening tides:

I see you in the twinkling of an eye across a crowded room;
in the iridescent wings of a hummingbird;
in soaking rain and beautiful sunshine;
in the cusp of a moment, and in every single movement.


Lori, Lori Novo, has your Edwardo come at last?




No comments:

Post a Comment