Thursday, November 9, 2017

Polynesian Dreams


I seem to have a fetish for all things Polynesian recently, after watching Moana.

It's not only the languages that fascinate me (just hearing something like Reo Tahiti seems to remind me of tiny islands in the Pacific), but I've been listening to some Polynesian music, and I want to share some of them with you here.

Te Vaka is a group behind some of the songs in Moana. It was founded by Opetaia Foa'i and is composed of eleven musicians and dancers from Tokelau, Tuvalu, Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji and New Zealand.

This is their first single. Not to be crass and juvenile, but the babe with the radically sexy hips is Olivia Foa’i, the daughter of the founder.


If you'd like something more tranquil, Maisey Rika sings in Maori (Te Reo), and some of her songs are quite ethereally beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment