Monday, November 18, 2013

Android Client Viewer for Second Life


I talked to the lovely Tinka last week. We hadn't seen each other in SL for quite some time due to differences in our timezones, so I've always relished meeting her, even if by chance, and even though she was only present via her iphone (as was the case this time).

Although I could TP her and IM her, she said she could not see me via her phone, and most features in RLV also did not work.

This made me interested in finding out what the app was for droid phones since I use a Google Nexus 4  smartphone (and yes, I think iphones are for girls, to all those guys who still use it).

After some google searching, it turns out the best app is called Lumiya, and you can get it in the Google Play store for $2.95.

Take a look at the screenshot below. Obviously, the Lumiya app is light years better than the one for iphones.


Saying that, there seems to be reports that the roll out of server side baking has created problems for the client app, though only a few reviewers report this. Overall it gets a 4.5 out of 5 stars in the Google Play store.

I might get it anyways, just to get a first hand view of this app. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment